Body Safety Australia has partnered with City of Port Phillip and City of Stonnington to provide workshops for parents and carers on the prevention of child sexual abuse by supporting children in enjoying healthy, respectful relationships now and into the future. This workshop covers the key areas of body safety, including practical strategies to use at home with your child.
Deanne Carson is a leading speaker, educator and consultant on child sexual abuse prevention, sexuality education and respectful relationships. She was a finalist for the 2017 Victorian Protecting Children Leadership Award for her work as co-founder of Body Safety Australia.
Body Safety Australia partners with families and communities to prevent childhood abuse and to support children in enjoying healthy, respectful relationships now and into the future.
- Risks, myths and misconceptions about childhood abuse
- Ten key areas of body safety inc. consent, assertive communication and identifying trusted adults
- Age-appropriate play and sexual behaviour
- Identifying grooming behaviours (online/physical environments)
- Abuse prevention, inc. body safety strategies to use at home
Each attendee will receive a booklet including useful information and activities to take home.
This workshop is a joint child safety initiative of the cities of Stonnington and Port Phillip.
Date: Wednesday 19th June 6.30 – 8.30 pm
Where: Malvern Town Hall